Monday, November 26, 2007

Spirit of Christmas Award

Wow! Jena at Two Different Loves gifted me with the "Spirit of Christmas Award." I hardly feel worthy when I work with families that are truly exhibiting the spirit of Christmas. They wait with grace as their children spend the holiday on the other side of the world. They sacrifce more than some of us do financially to help the less fortunate enjoy a bit of holiday cheer. They inspire me.


So what is the Spirit of Christmas Award?

"Quite simply it is given those that have a generous and giving nature. Those who care about others. Those who have a kind word to say or a broad shoulder to lean on in the times that others need that. Those who display the “Spirit of Christmas”."

As tradition dictates I now get to give this award to five others.

Chanda--come on down! My good friend Chanda is going through such a difficult wait for her two boys to come home from Ghana. She has experienced several delays and now they won't be with her for Christmas. But you know what Chanda did? She thought about ME and MY kids by sending ornaments from each of their countries (Cambodia, Vietnam, and Ghana/Africa) through the mail. What an awesome mom you are going to be Chanda. What a day of rejoicing that will be!

Jennine and Chalene--These two ladies inspire me! They are waiting to find out who their children from Ghana will be, but in the mean time they have put together several fundraisers help with projects at Eban House. Bikes and trikes and slides, oh my! Thanks Jennine and Chalene for caring for the kids of Eban House with so much love.

Renee/Jim and Heidi/Kurt-- When I grow up I want to be in these families! Renee with her home-baked bread as a NORMAL activity...and Heidi with all of her sporty boys--cheering them on all the way! And two great dads providing solid foundations for all of the children. These are two amazing families, and have shown SUCH inspiring patience during their Ghana adoptions. I've learned a lot from these families. They bless me.

Anita

1 comments:

Fliss and Mike Adventures 11:03 AM  

I have just stumbled across your site... what gorgeous kids... take care...