Sunday, May 21, 2006

Encouraging Words

I just want to thank those of you who have written me letting me know that you too see the Lord in all of this... that you agree that the Lord knew we would be dealing with adoptions and a kidney transplant at the same time. Your words bless me.

The Lord has also sent a few great quotes/prayers over the past week that I want to share with you. Sometimes I find myself trying to explain why I don't feel the Lord has necessarily always called us to the easiest path. My mom especially always hopes that the Lord only calls Eric and I to do easy things! LOVE YOU MOM!!! She just wants to protect her baby and I understand that. At any rate, here are a few words that blessed me this week, and speak to how my heart feels with regard to the things we go through in life.

"O Christ, do not give me tasks equal to my powers, but give me powers equal to my tasks, for I want to be stretched by things too great for me.I want to grow through the greatness of my tasks,but I shall need your help for the growing."
--E. Stanley Jones

" Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and proclaiming, "Wow, what a ride!!!"

I don't profess to be a "warrior to Christ" (although I aspire to be!). But how many warriors for Christ do you know of that had an easy path? How many martyrs played it safe? The most wise and Christ-like Christians I know are also the people I know who have gone through the most trials in their life. I believe that every trial is like fertilizer for my spiritual growth. Every challenge is an opportunity for me to stop leaning on my own understanding and instead to lean on my heavenly daddy--just like He wants me to.

I don't seek out trials, and I certainly have moments (sometimes days!) of feeling sorry for myself. Like all humans, I don't thrive on complications in life. But because of "complications" Eric and I have already gone through together I now recognize that there is blessing in the trial! How much did Eric and I learn when we went through his blindness and eye surgeries together? How much more did we learned when we went through Samren's terrible illness? With every trial it gets easier and easier to have faith that the Lord has it all in control.

Oh what an opportunity for growth we have!!! I honestly don't think there is anything more exhilirating in this world than stepping out into thin air and knowing that my God will catch me every time! Everytime that is, as long as I've done my best to be in the center of His will before I do the stepping!

Blessings to all.

0 comments: