Wednesday, April 04, 2007

18 Months; 7 Months

Well, I was hoping I wouldn't have another one of the "__ Months; __ Months" posts, but since I started the tradition I guess I should continue on. =-(


Today Bright is 18 months old (yeah!). Today marks 7 months since we began his adoption (boo!). And on April 12 it will have been 2 months since his adoption was granted (double boo).

But there is MUCH to be thankful for! I now KNOW our son! I spent 2 1/2 weeks of the last month with him! And although he is still anemic it isn't critical so I can rest easy with him still being in Ghana!

We are still waiting for Bright's passport, but that is no longer the "ace in the hole" it once was. There will be no orphan petitions officer in Ghana to approve the I-600 until at least June (maybe as long as October) so within the next few weeks (assuming Lois brings our paperwork home with her) we will have to file our I-600 locally, which can take 60 days for processing. Even if it is processed very quickly, there is nobody in Ghana to do the orphan investigation for another 5 weeks.

So...it looks like my baby will be in his homeland for at least the next few months. God has given me an amazing peace about this--an uncanny peace that is NOT like me. I haven't cried for missing Bright since I got home (although I feel the urge coming on more each day). I know that I know that I know that he is worth the wait, no matter how much longer it is. Meeting him was the best thing I could have done for my own heart, to help me through this wait.

One more month down. One more month closer to having my baby home with me.

Anita

3 comments:

Anonymous 7:19 PM  

I'm sorry to hear about the continued to delays. Perhaps we will meet one another in Ghana this summer when you come to pick up your big boy.
~ Jen C.

Anonymous 3:15 AM  

That is soooo frustrating about the official not being there in Ghana!! We got bad news too--the Irish embassy does NOT grant the visa in a day. It's an undetermined length of time. So who knows when all our kids will get home?

But praise the Lord that he's walking and that you have people who are constantly updating you about him!! And praise God for the peace He has given you!

Grosso Family 4:32 PM  

he is too cute Anita. I just got caught up on all your postings since I was on vacation too.

Cheers ~