Monday, May 07, 2007


Splat! That's what my emotions feel like today. Just squished into the ground.

No passport for Bright today (again). After being told that it would be this afternoon (again).

And today it was reported in a Ghanaian newspaper that the US Embassy will be moving to their new building in June and will be completely closed from the 6th to the 25th of that month. No visas. No nothing.

So...either something big happens in the next few weeks, or Bright is stuck in Ghana until AT LEAST July. That is so hard for me to even put down in writing. When I made it my goal on the ticker above to have him home by his second birthday I thought for sure that it was almost too easy to meet. Now I wonder if he will be home by then.

In the mean time I am *so* itchy to get back to Ghana. If I can't go to pick up Bright I would at least like to go and work on AAI stuff. There is lots that needs to be done in person and I wish I could be there NOW. We'll have to wait and see what AAI's director decides though.

I can't decide whether it will make me feel better or worse, on the Bright front, if I go back to Ghana again and have to leave him again. I just know I wish I was there.

I hate feeling this discouraged. I have been SO GOOD this adoption! I've had very few crying days (when compared to our previous adoptions), and we've waited twice as long (4 times as long as Samren's adoption)! I remember the days when I felt so okay about the wait with this adoption that I wondered if there was some (bad) reason why I was so okay! LOL! But now those days seem to have passed. I guess 8 months is my limit.

I know that I know that I know that if God wanted Bright's passport and visa to be completed this month, it would be. I know that! I just can't find peace in the wait right now, which I know is disappointing to Him.



ManyBlessings 8:38 PM  

Hey Anita, wish I could reach through this screen and give you a big ole' hug. My heart just breaks for you. You can make it because you've got one gorgeous little boy needing you to fight for him. I'm praying and praying for you dear. Don't quit ok? Tomorrow might be a better day.

Christina 11:06 PM  

The waiting is so very hard. I'm sorry that you didn't get good news today. There's still hope you will get good news before the embassy shuts down though, right?
I know that ache so well... there really are no words. Blessings and Prayers.

Anonymous 11:31 PM  

I would love to be at 8 months and waiting for a passport we are adopting from Haiti and we are on month 17 with no end in sight yet..our passports are just being applied for...

Barbara C 2:56 AM  

Anita, you know I can relate!!! So, so sorry.