Wednesday, December 03, 2008

Kneeling Santa

Do you have one of these? This is a really traditional decoration for the Bulmer side of my family (my mom's side). We all have one. Santa kneeling in front of the Christ child is a bit of an odd decoration--but I just love what it "says." It's the only Santa decoration in my house.

A few years ago I found a "Santa's Prayer" online. I printed it out, framed it, and now it sits next to my kneeling Santa each year. In case you can't see the words from the photo, here are the words:
Santa's Prayer

The sleigh was all packed, the reindeer were fed,But Santa still knelt by the side of the bed.

"Dear Father", he prayed "Be with me tonight,There's much work to do and my schedule is tight.

I must jump in my sleigh and streak through the sky,Knowing full well that a reindeer can't fly.

I will visit each household before the first light,I'll cover the world and all in one night.

With sleigh bells a-ringing, I'll land on each roof,Amid the soft clatter of each little hoof.

To get in the house is the difficult part,So I'll slide down the chimney of each child's heart.

My sack will hold toys to grant all their wishes.The supply will be endless like the loaves and the fishes.

I will fill all the stockings and leave not a track.I'll eat every cookie that is left for my snack.

I can do all these things, Lord, only through You,I just need your blessing, then it's easy to do.

All this is to honor the birth of the One,That was sent to redeem us, Your most Holy Son.

So to all of my friends, lest Your glory I rob,Please Lord, remind them who gave me this job."

5 comments:

Zimmerman family 11:02 PM  

I just saw this at a second hand store and wanted to buy it. Unfortunately, it was not for sale. I thought is was so cool. By the way, your house looks beautiful!!

Hilda :)

Ericka 6:00 AM  

Anita,
I LOVE this. I will have to look for one. It keeps the Christ in Christmas!!!!!
Your home looks amazing!
Off to Ebay.....

Nichole Foster 8:08 AM  

I have mine up with it's prayer... I don't think it would feel like CHristmas without it :)... You can SO tell we are sisters....lol

A. Gillispie 9:16 AM  

You can get Kneeling Santas lots of places. They have several at our local Christian Book Store. Just checked online and this place has LOTS of varieties:
http://www.houseoffontanini.com/category.sc?categoryId=13&gclid=CLHVqo6gp5cCFSIgDQodwgcm-Q

Happy hunting!
Anita

TLM 7:26 PM  

This is really cool Anita. I think I will use this poem to talk with Philip about "Santa" I LOVE it. Great job on the house! I too have nativities, but mine stay out in a glass cabinet all year! I really like your nail nativity. Where did you get that one?

Grace,
Tanya