Monday, March 02, 2009

Referrals

"Like cold water to a weary soul is good news from a distant land."
Proverbs 25:25
I do believe that giving referrals is possibly the best part of my job as an adoption coordinator. [Maybe only surpassed by the joy of passing court or getting visas.] There is nothing like being able to call and introduce a family to the child that will bless them for the rest of their lives. There is nothing like hearing those happy tears on the other side of the phone line. There is nothing like knowing you had a tiny bit to do with a child and family being matched for an eternity.
I've been privileged to give 3 referrals in the past week. Three great kids to three amazing families. The joy of giving a referral carries me through a lot of less joyful parts of my job. Thank you Lord, for giving me this privilege.
Anita

6 comments:

Jodie 12:32 PM  

Thanks Anita for sharing your experiences with us readers, I did miss your blog for a few days a couple weeks back and when I caught up it was like I was riding a crazy rollercoster with you during the "we arn't going forward", "we are laying out a fleeze" "we are going forward" segment! With our 2 referrals, we always thought the person making the referrals is doing the work of a higher power. God chose you to do this work and it is through your hands that he is working to match these children with a forever family. I think it is all pretty COOL!

Jen 12:45 PM  

As one of those people receiving a referral... thankyou!! We are so excited! :-)

Jennine

whenpigsfly 1:22 PM  

As a recipient of one of your referrals SEVEN YEARS AGO, I share your excitement and that of your families too!! That is really good news for the families and the waiting children!Praise God for your good news!
Hugs
Linda
at
www.smithsoup.blogspot.com

whenpigsfly 1:22 PM  

As a recipient of one of your referrals SEVEN YEARS AGO, I share your excitement and that of your families too!! That is really good news for the families and the waiting children!Praise God for your good news!
Hugs
Linda
at
www.smithsoup.blogspot.com

Laurel 2:00 PM  

After some tough stuff last week, I'm so glad you also had the JOY of introducing children and their forever families. I can imagine how that must make you feel. How exciting to play a part in God's big plan for these children and their new families.

Blessings,

Laurel :)

KamPossible 7:49 PM  

You must have one of the best jobs in the world!