Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Mixed Up Day

God is not a man, that he should lie, nor a son of man, that he should change his mind. Does he speak and then not act? Does he promise and not fulfill?
Numbers 23:19

I'm so glad that there is somebody in my life that will never change his mind...never speak and then not act...never leave me with an unfulfilled promise. On days like today I really lean on that assurance.

This morning started out with an email from our adoption coordinator saying that our case would, once again, not be heard in court Ugh. No explanation. Just..."next week." It is such a helpless feeling to wait for court and not know when it is really going to happen. Time seems to make you forget old wounds. I had forgotten how very difficult this part of the process is.

I started a blog post about how I was feeling, when I got a phone call. "Is this Eric's wife? Oh thank God. He went into seizures. They are taking him by ambulance...."

I put on some shoes, grabbed Bright, and we headed to the hospital. He had gone into a diabetic "low." Usually there are a couple of ladies at work that can tell when he's getting low, but they were gone today. Eric's boss realized something was up when he was sweating profusely. He was trying to get my number from Eric but he was too out of it. Then Eric started convulsing. Thankfully Eric recovered after a few doses of a highly concentrated sugar they give by injection. We got home around 2:30. He's still very tired but doing okay. He insists he'll go to work tomorrow. I insist that he won't! ;-)

A few minutes after we got home I found that I had missed a call from our attorney in Ghana. I wanted to talk to him to find out why court had been canceled (again). He said that, in fact, our case was still to be heard tomorrow. It was 2 other cases that had been delayed. Oh my! Some good news for the day! [But not for those families.] A quick call to our adoption coordinator to make sure he appeared in court tomorrow, and a quick prayer of thanksgiving later, we are hopeful that the tomorrow will bring news of a legally adopted daughter.

Regardless of what tomorrow brings, I must put my trust in the Lord. If court is delayed again it will be hard--and I will be SO sad--but I can't allow myself to lose faith in the one "person" in my life who will never leave me or forsake me. When, at some point, Eric leaves us, I've got to rest in the fact that the Lord's hand will be in that as well. Otherwise, I think I would go crazy.


10 comments:

Heather 4:59 PM  

Oh, my friend, that has to be scary. We'll be saying extra prayers for Eric tonight.

Kristin 5:00 PM  

Anita, what a crazy day of emotions. I pray that Eric continues to feel better and am thankful that they were able to get him the help he needed ASAP.

Kristin 5:00 PM  

Anita, what a crazy day of emotions. I pray that Eric continues to feel better and am thankful that they were able to get him the help he needed ASAP.

Renee 5:49 PM  

You have been on my heart and mind all day. Have been and will be praying for tomorrow. Will be praying for Eric too.

(((Hugs)))

Bingaling 6:37 PM  

Praying for you and Eric today, my friend. What a scary, mixed up day.

Momto16 6:46 PM  

Praying. Oh my!

KamPossible 8:18 PM  

Many prayers for all of this! I am so glad that court is back on for you tomorrow! I am here counting the hours again!

Kamille

Amy 9:12 PM  

Oh Miss Anita! I am sooooo sorry to hear about your emotional and frightening day. I am so praying that everything starts moving in a positive direction for you guys. Come on court!

Fabu

Mrs. Broccoli Guy 7:35 AM  

What a hard, stressful day. Glad that Eric is feeling better now. Praying for his complete healing one day soon.

Grateful 11:35 AM  

Anita:

Praying!!! Thankful that Eric is stable and with you. Thankful for your court date, and THANKFUL for the reminder again and again that God is in control.

Tami