Thursday, August 13, 2009

A Good News Day!!

This morning I woke up to an email from our in-country coordinator saying that the embassy had called him and asked him to come for an appointment on Monday at 1pm. Could this mean the waiver has been approved? I think so!!! I think he is going for the regular visa appointment on Monday! This means we could have Kendi's visa next Friday, in plenty of time for her Labor Day Weekend homecoming!!!!!!!! I'm trying not to completely count on Monday being her visa appointment, but I can't think of what else it would be. Our coordinator was under the impression that the waiver has been approved, but they didn't use those exact words. So...for those currently or planning to adopt an HIV+ child from Ghana--we think they did it in 10 business days!

To top it off, the old IRA we cashed in to help with the cost of plane tickets is being cashed out today (finally). Check will be in the mail tomorrow. AND....over they phone the number they gave us was 66% higher than we thought it was going to be!!!!!! Praise God. That's a good chunk of debt we can pay off.

I'm praying that some of my AAI friends have very good news days tomorrow so we can end this week the right way!

Anita

7 comments:

Bingaling 1:33 PM  

Oh what WONDERFUL news!! Praying that appointment on Monday goes well and that Kendi is ready to come home BEFORE that planned homecoming (so you won't have any last minute worries)!!! This is GREAT news about HIV adoptions from Ghana in general!
Yay!
Chanda

In His Dust 2:56 PM  

WOOHOO!!! So happy for you!!! Can't wait to see beautiful Kendi in your arms!! WONDERFUL news about the HIV adoptions! So, HAPPY I'm about to run around the room!=)

whenpigsfly 4:15 PM  

That is WONDERFUL NEWS ANITA!!!!!
Praying with you for continued good news and for that Labor Day reunion!!!!
I have the $$ , have my bags ready to pack, have friend lined up to travel with me, everything is ready for me to go for Daniel when we get our good news!!
Its just exciting...Kendi will be home soon!!

whenpigsfly 4:16 PM  

That is WONDERFUL NEWS ANITA!!!!!
Praying with you for continued good news and for that Labor Day reunion!!!!
I have the $$ , have my bags ready to pack, have friend lined up to travel with me, everything is ready for me to go for Daniel when we get our good news!!
Its just exciting...Kendi will be home soon!!

Nicole - Raising Animals 6:14 PM  

YAY!! Good news all the way around! When you get back I'm going to pick your brain about grants!

Amy 9:03 PM  

Oh GOODY! I love a nice, juicy visa! We'll be continuing to pray for you and yours!

Fabu

Andrea Hill 10:41 PM  

Wow Anita that would be Godspeed. I was stuck in ET with the waiver paperwork with my my little ones waiting for almost 3 weeks. Lets keep praying!