Saturday, October 23, 2010

Hair: Palm Coils

I took Kendi's hair out of the puffs last night, and gave it a really good rub down. I love taking an hour or so just to massage her hair and work in all sorts of healthy oils.

I did something that I have put off doing for over a year. I trimmed her hair! I know that trimming hair actually makes it grow more quickly, but I just haven't been able to bring myself to cut off any of her growth. Last night we did it.

After we trimmed things up and used Bee Mine Curly Butter to define her cute little curls. At the last minute I decided to use my palm to roll in some coils. I really like this look for an informal look. Just roll your palm over a section of hair until it naturally seperates and turns into random coils. It took like 3 minutes to palm coil her entire head, and still looks just as defined after a night of tossing and turning. =-)

2 comments:

whenpigsfly 9:05 PM  

I really like that look!! I could do that with Daniel's hair just fro fun...till I have my African daughter home to do girly hair things with. He doens't know or care what I'm doing so sometimes i practice "girly things" on his hair but I un-do them quickly so none of the other kids make fun of ME!!!

Cindy 12:21 AM  

Very Cute!