Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Fibromyalgia Article

Saw this article posted on Facebook today. I look forward to the day when they have more effective treatment for this condition. A lot of it boils down to over-sensitive nerve endings. For instance, my back was itching really bad one time and I asked my mom to scratch it. She scratched my back. It felt AWESOME--until it didn't. The stupid nerve endings registered pain after a few seconds and it was like having someone "frog" me in 30 different places at once on my back. Can't even get a good back scratch? Good grief! =-)

Anyway, the article.

Anita
P.S. I have a hard time that telling myself I will have less pain tomorrow would really do much good. Not sure I buy into all of the meditation therapy. However, I absolutely agree when they say good sleep equals less pain. For me that is true. I need about 12 hours of sleep to have a semi-decent day. A few days with "only" 7-8 hours of sleep would have me in a lot of pain.

0 comments: