Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Global Girls--A Place for Tween Girl Adoptees

Hi all,

A Yahoo email group has been started for Christian girls ages 8-12 who have been adopted internationally. The group is called "Global Girls." If you have a daughter in this age range that would like to connect with other international adoptees, she is invited to join! Likewise, one
parent is invited to join if you feel the need to supervise your daughter's involvement. [Parents will not be posting to the list.] Myself and one other mother are moderating the group. We will make sure all discussions are appropriate for this type of venue (from a Christian perspective).

The website is http://groups.yahoo.com/group/global-girls/.

***PLEASE NOTE: Yahoo does not officially allow children under 13 to have a Yahoo Group profile. In order to make the profile an alternative date of birth will need to be given. Alternatively, your child could join the group under your profile.***

If you have any questions don't hesitate to email me.

Blessings,
Anita

6 comments:

whenpigsfly 5:19 PM  

What a great idea Anita!! I shard your post on my blog as well!

Chantelle 5:46 PM  

Yes, I just used MY date of birth since it is, technically, MY account (I will only be letting my 10 year old daughter post to the group, not handle the settings, etc.)

We're looking forward to it!

the H family 7:46 PM  

My Ghanaian Princess will be turning 8 in a few months. We'll look forward to joining!

Amy 11:15 PM  

What a great idea!!! I'll have to figure out how I want to manage this, but I know the girls would love it, being the social, social ladies they are. :)

Fabu

Anonymous 11:22 AM  

Very cool. I'll talk to R about joining.

Anonymous 3:54 PM  

Wow what a cool idea. I am sure my daughter would love to join!