Wednesday, March 09, 2011

I am in Love.

Today I was erasing old emails off of my gmail account. I came across the one below, written on January 20, 2009, with pics attached.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Anita Gillispie
Date: Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 3:53 AM
Subject: I am in love.
To: Eric, Mom

I'm in love with Mabel. M.A.B.E.L. Mothers Always Bring Extra Love.


**********************************************
That's all I wrote. Short and sweet! That was the first time my mom and Eric would have heard about Kendi. "Hey Eric. I met your fourth child today. See her pic? Ready to go?" Ha! I wonder what he felt when he opened that email? I knew I had some sort of connection with Kendi Mabel even before I traveled to Ghana that January, but even I didn't know she was my daughter. Once I met her, I knew. *I* knew. My mom and husband didn't know. =-) There was a lot of praying going on for the next several weeks after I got home. It's not every guy that would step out to adopt a potentially sick child when they are doing dialysis and waiting on a kidney transplant. I am so, so thankful that my husband jumped off the cliff with me and said "yes" to Mabel. Mothers Always Bring Extra Love. So do daddies. =-)

2 comments:

Tricia 1:28 PM  

Kendi (Mabel to my girls) is the one child from Eben that both my girls will see on the computer and recognize. She has a special place in our family's heart.

Tricia 1:29 PM  

Kendi (Mabel still to our family) is the one child from Eben that my girls recognize when they see her on the computer. She has a special place in our hearts.