Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Tuesday, 6-14 in Ghana


This one is going to be short and sweet because it's almost 9pm and we are leaving at 6am tomorrow morning for Togo! Hmm...who wants to take bets on if we actually leave at 6am? =-)

Real quick prayer request: My back and tail bone are seriously hurting. No fun to ride around on Ghana roads with those two problems! [I'm thinking of my friend B who actually cracked her tailbone on the bus to Bolga!] Ouch!

I had a lovely day today, visiting Beacon House and House of Mercy. Unfortunately, all of the kiddos were sleeping while I was at BH, so I didn't get any new pics for BH families. I am so very sorry. After BH I had a lovely lunch with the McIntyres. It's always so great to meet others with similar passions as my own. This couple is a true blessing to Ghana and I'm so glad to have gotten to see the work they are doing for abandoned, abused, and sick babies.

Little by little, the donations are finding their new homes! It is seriously hard to figure out how to divy it out, because ALL of these children need these things.

Have I met your child? CKO parents and Nyame Dua parents--yes. If you sent things for your kiddos in those two homes, they have them now. [Jensens, I am yet to deliver E's package--forgot it the first day but will definitely get it to her before I leave.]

I am anxious for tomorrow's travels, but also very excited to see the work GMI is doing in Togo. With the donations you sent, we'll be able to purchase a cook stove for them. I'm not sure if my phone or email will work outside of Ghana, so if you don't hear from me for a few days, don't worry!

My brain is a bit fried tonight, so forgive the lack of anything significant to say! I leave you with the above photo. TRAFFIC! On the way home from East Legon I got the taxi driver that the folks on "The Amazing Race" dream of! LOL! This guy totally ignored the lanes of traffic and went to the right or left of the big line--half the time heading straight towards pedestrians or oncoming traffic! I was totally cracking up, in a nervous sort of way. Gotta give the guy credit. He got me home in 45 minutes rather than the usual 2-3 hours it would have taken if following traffic rules! I took some video that I will have to post when I get home.

Love,
Anita

2 comments:

Renee 8:25 PM  

LOVE the updates :o)

Becky Weber 1:33 PM  

Anita thanks for the updates and The Weber's will br praying for your back and tailbone! Glad it's been a good trip so far. Can't wait to hear updates regarding E. So excited the 28th is around the corner!!!! :-) God Bless you Anita for the servants heart and attitude that you have.
TTYL...
Becky Weber