Since we've been at this for almost a month, I better catch you up on what has occurred so far with the process. Any of you who know me know that I do NOT like to go slowly when it comes to adoption paperwork. :)
- February 3: Officially adopting!
- February 6: Sent off our I-600a application to CIS (this is the document that has to be approved for us to be able to adopt internationally)
- February 6-9: Gathered supporting documents needed for homestudy.
- February 9: Our homestudy visit happened on this day at 3:00pm. By 5pm we knew we would be approved to adopt 2 children ages 0-4 years old from Liberia!
- February 14: Received notice from CIS (immigration) that they received our application and we would receive a fingerprint appointment letter "soon."
- February 27: Mailed rest of supporting documents to our Social Worker. Hope to have a homestudy by March 15th!
- March 1: "Pinchies!" This is our kids' word for shots. :) Yellow Fever and Polio vaccines--check!
ESTIMATED TIMELINE (What we HOPE will happen!):
- March 15: Homestudy approved.
- April 15: CIS approval, form I-171h
- April 20: Documents to Liberia (www.wacsn.org)!
- May 1: Referral(s)!!!!
- June 1: Travel for our child(ren)!!
- June 15: One BIG happy family of six Gillispies under one roof!