Tuesday, April 25, 2006

On the Road Again...

Well, it's been almost a week since we decided to adopt from Ghana instead of Liberia and I am basking gloriously in the complete peace the Lord has given me about it!!! I'm sure that there will be ups and downs, delays and disappointments like there are with almost all adoption journeys, but there is a sort of deep inner contentment that give me great hope for the future.

It's been really fun learning about a new country. And for some reason I am even more motivated to learn about Ghana's culture than I was to learn about Liberia's. It's such an interesting country, and I am already in love with the people! Check out www.ghanaweb.com to get a better idea of what I'm talking about. Don't forget to check out the pictures and Ghanaian Dictionary (warning--not appropriate for children)!!!

We are back on the paperwork trail again, re-collecting all of the documents we previously had to get that now need to be redone and notarized. Bother. And yet, there is a certain excitement to it--maybe like being kicked by the baby in your womb? =-)

I found out today that many Ghanaian families are open to adoptions and often times there is a waiting list in Ghana for those who wish to adopt a baby. This indicates that our wait for referrals may stretch far beyond what I had originally hoped. Everybody let's reset our adoption due dates, okay? Let's start praying that Kendi and Canan are home by Christmas! Anything before that will be icing on the cake!

Finally, check out http://www.catointl.org/OsuAlbum.html to see the orphanage where our children will supposedly come from. Just think--you might see a picture of Kendi or Canan!!!

Love to all...

0 comments: