Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Whom Shall I Fear?

The LORD is my light and my salvation - whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life - of whom shall I be afraid? When evil men advance against me to devour my flesh, when my enemies and my foes attack me, they will stumble and fall. Though an army besiege me, my heart will not fear; though war break out against me, even then will I be confident.
Psalms 27:1-3
This came in as one of my "daily verses" today and it really spoke to me. I don't think "evil men" are advancing against me, or armies besieging me, but sometimes I do feel like there is a war going on to get Bright (and maybe our other child) out of Ghana. I truly believe that satan would like nothing better than to watch Bright and the other orphans in Ghana waste away like rotting fruit. I believe that he fights hard to keep these kids from coming home.
I have no reason not to be confident that we will win this "war." This isn't a war that I can fight--it's one that my Lord is fighting. I need not waste my time worrying about the details of it all. If the Lord is truly the stronghold of my life, whom do I have to fear? What circumstances deserve my worry? NONE.
[Now if I can just practice what I know to be right.] =-)
Anita

0 comments: