Thursday, January 04, 2007

15 months and 4 months =-)

Today Bright turns 15 months old. Wow--in some ways time seems to be flying by. It feels like yesterday that he was only 11 months old and we hoped to have him home by Christmas.

Also, ironically, today marks the 4 month date since we received Bright's referral. When we originally signed on to adopt from Ghana the timeline was 4-6 months from referral to homecoming. Gosh, I really would think it a miracle if we had Bright home in the next two months! In fact, I think that would be impossible in earthly terms (but I know the Lord could do this and more if it were His will). More realistically I'm thinking it will be 3-6 months before his adoption is complete (trying to assume we'll get an adoption decree here...) and then another 1-6 months before we get US clearance to travel for his visa. Wow. That means our total time from referral might be from 8 to 16 months. Yuck! I think I'll stop doing the numbers now--too depressing! ;-)

At any rate, I praise God that Bright is still alive and kicking and doing better than ever at his 15 month "birthday!" Keep growing sweet boy!!!!

Love,
Anita

0 comments: