Wednesday, February 28, 2007

A bad day, but such good words for me to be reminded of...

As I work toward forgiveness and mercy...

VERSE: Stop trusting in man, who has but a breath in his nostrils. Ofwhat account is he? -- Isaiah 2:22

THOUGHT: How many times have you been disappointed by someone for whom you voted, been betrayed by a friend, abandoned by a loved one, or let down by a church leader [Let's add agency director here.]? While we love others and care about them, every other person in our world is just like us -- a flawedhuman being who breathes the same air and walks the same ground aswe do. Only One is worthy of our ultimate trust. He showed histrustworthiness to us by sacrificing what was most precious to himso we could know his love. Let's not put our hope in other meremortals; only God can safeguard our trust. Let's put our hope inhim!

PRAYER: Father, you know the broken places in my heart that were causedby the failure of people in my life. I confess that I havesometimes become disillusioned with your way because of thefailures and inconsistencies in your people. Deep down I know, dearFather, that their failures do not mean your failure, but it ishard for it not to feel that way. Call me close to you. Give me amore gracious heart toward those who fail me. Establish my faith,strong and firm in you, O LORD. In you I put my trust. In Jesus'name. Amen.

********************************************************************
As I renew and strengthen my trust in the One, the only One that will never let me down...

VERSE: Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time. Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. -- 1 Peter 5:6-7

THOUGHT: In a universe so incomparably vast, in a world so marvelouslydiverse, we can be paralyzed by our insignificance and impotence in the face of such staggering enormity. But in moments of simple faith, we can be calmed by our reverence and dependence upon the Creator and Sustainer of such wonders and find great comfort that our lives are in his hands.

PRAYER: Almighty and wondrous God, thank you for knowing me even thoughI can't begin to comprehend your glory. I need your love, care, protection, blessing, grace, forgiveness, and presence. Without you, I have nothing of lasting significance. Please be near. InJesus' name I humbly ask. Amen.

Anita

3 comments:

Unknown 5:45 PM  

Anita, I just checked your blog and I am SO sorry! Hang in there!! Hang in there. Next time, how 'bout independent? ;) Hugs,

Holly

Unknown 6:28 PM  

Ha! If you only knew how good that is looking right about now! LOL! Reading about your Ethiopia independant adoption on your blog has me sitting on the edge of my seat Holly!
Anita

Unknown 9:24 AM  

It was quite the roller coaster. ANd, I leave in 12 days to try it again - in Zambia. ;)