Wednesday, February 14, 2007

BRIGHTON!!! BRIGHTON!!! BRIGHTON!!! BRIGHTON!!!

Remember when I said I would start calling Bright Brighton???? Remember??? AFTER WE HAD A FINAL ADOPTION DECREE. Guess what?? WE HAVE BEEN AWAREDED BRIGHT'S ADOPTION IN
GHANA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PRAISE GOD!!! I HAVE ANOTHER SON!!!!!!!



Okay....I'm trying to breathe... AHHHH!!!!!!!

Lois has been trying to call me all day and I didn't hear the phone ring! Can you believe it?! Of all days to miss her call! So she calls as soon as we walk in the door after picking Eric up from work and says, "Do you have speaker phone?" I put her on speaker phone and she says, "First of all, happy Valentine's Day. Your gift is that Bright wants to come home." WHAT?!?!?! Lois got word that the adoption was awared in Ghana! So now his name is officially Bright Gillispie!!!!!



I can start REALLY planning for my baby boy to come home! I can buy clothes and really start imagining him sleeping in our home! I can set up the crib in our room! I can start stocking up on diapers. And oh my! I have to get working on the diaper bag I'm making him...and his little Ghana Flag crochet hat! LOL!



I AM A MOM TO THREE!!!!!!
Anita

18 comments:

Anonymous 6:32 PM  

Anita,
I am SO THRILLED with this news! What a fantastic Valentine's Day gift!
Congratulations! Now get to work on sewing and crocheting! :)

Mrs. Broccoli Guy 6:52 PM  

ANITA!!!!!!!!!
What awesome, wonderful news!!! What does this mean?? How soon can you go get him?
SO SO SO Happy for you!!!

Nichole Foster 6:57 PM  

WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO I AM AN AUNT AGAIN!!!!!!!! LOVE ya sis, what a great V-Day present.

Nichole

Anonymous 7:13 PM  

Praise God! This is so very happy! Congratulations! I pray he is home SOON! Such a perfect Valentine's Day gift! So so so happy for you and your family!

Jasmine

JuJu - 7:21 PM  

Congratulations!!
My first time to your blog - but your baby is GORGEOUS!!!!!!

Julia:)

Unknown 8:21 PM  

Great news Anita! What a wonderful v-day surprise!!! I am so happy for you.

Kaitlyn 9:05 PM  

Oh My Gosh!!!!!!! This is sooooo awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!! Happy Valentine's Day indeed! God's faithfulness surely does endure to a thousand generations. Thank you God!!!!!
Heather

I WOULD GATHER CHILDREN 9:15 PM  

So very happy for you Anita! What a blessing!
Smiles,
jen in Michigan

Dawn 9:34 PM  

Anita,
Coming out of lurkdom to say that I have followed your story for quite some time now and am THRILLED for you!!! You have waited so long with no news and now the best news of all!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! Can't wait to hear your baby boy is HOME!!
dawnz:)
www.prayingthemhome.blogspot.com

Anonymous 3:41 AM  

That's great! yay! Insanely jealous here (in the most godly possible way, of course.:))

Anonymous 7:18 AM  

Wonderful news, Anita!
Congratulations to whole family - baby brother will be home before you know it!
Jennifer

PJ Academy 9:15 AM  

Anita - rejoicing with you!!!!! Looking forward to "seeing" him home!!!

Jennifer

thecurryseven 9:39 AM  

Congratulations!! That's wonderful, wonderful news.

Anonymous 11:09 AM  

Yippee!! I've been following your story since we thought about Ghana and joined the yahoo group a few months ago. Any idea on when you might be able to travel? Hopefully passports are a little quicker in Ghana than in Liberia these days.
God bless your growing family

Jenn 11:30 AM  

Oh Anita! What an extravagant love gift from our Father on Valentine's Day!! How wonderful! Brighton... you are so thoroughly loved baby.

Ellie 11:32 AM  

YAHOO!!!!!

CONGRATS!!!!

Many Hugs
Ellie

ferenge mama 12:46 PM  

OH MY GOSH!!!

i can't believe i missed this yesterday

Congratulations!!!

When does Brighton get to come home??

dreamingBIGdreams 4:00 PM  

So happy for you.

I"ve been following your journey for a few months now.