Monday, May 14, 2007

Find rest, O my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken. My salvation and my honor depend on God; he is my mighty rock, my refuge. Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge.
Psalms 62:5-8
Eric made it through the weekend without throwing up, but this morning he hit rock bottom. When I called our dialysis nurse to explain his symptoms she said it sounds like he might have peritonitis (an infection that is easily treated if caught early but deadly if not caught in time). I have to be at the house all day today because his dialysis supplies are to be delivered (33 18X24 boxes). So Eric's mom brought over the kids that she watches and she is taking him into the dialysis unit for evaluation.
In other news...still no passport for Bright. It hasn't yet been picked up.

Also, still no email from the embassy even though it's been 3 business days and they supposedly answer in one. I called our senator's aide again who said she would send them a "high priority" email and let me know what they said, but she didn't think it was done. I asked why and she said that they told her last time that it was "still in process." I guess she didn't want to disappoint me by telling me that before? At any rate, she's been wonderful and I'm glad to have an advocate for Bright.
It was good that I got the above verse as my "Daily Verse" today. I need to just meditate on those words today. But for right now I better go and check on the 5 kids in my care. =-)

Trusting in Him,
Anita

0 comments: