Monday, November 19, 2007

I miss his brothers...

Well it's official. I am missing Bright's brothers. Feels weird to "miss" children that you have no relationship with. Children that you have only met a few times and had very limited interaction with. But I do.

These boys (5, 8 and 10 by now) mean something to me, because I am raising their brother. I miss them. Or maybe it's that I hate that I'm "missing out" on them. I want to know them. I want to know that they are safe and loved. I want them to know that Bright is safe and loved. I want them to know that someone across the world really and truly does care about them.

Last I knew the two youngest boys were at an orphanage in Volta Region of Ghana. There was an agency doing adoptions with that orphanage but they aren't any longer. So are they stuck? How can I help them? I'm definitely going to visit them when I travel to Ghana early next year, but sometimes it seems so far away.

I have a friend who is going to stop in at the orphanage tomorrow to see how things might be going. I'm so blessed by my friend. I hope it's good news. I hope things are good. Then maybe--just maybe--when I visit in 08 I can try to see if the boys can be added to AAI's adoption program. I wish they could join our family, but I know it isn't going to happen. They need to stay together, and my oldest has to stay my oldest, and there is the whole kidney transplant thing, and the whole money thing. The list goes on.

God, please keep them safe...these sons of my heart. Keep them strong until help arrives. Let them know that they are loved. And please prepare a family for them.

Anita

1 comments:

Angel The Alien 3:13 PM  

They'll always be part of your extended family! I hope some day they will be able to get adopted and come to the USA, so they will be able to see Bright on a regular basis!