Friday, January 25, 2008

The Anagbo Boys


Well, it seems that I will have an opportunity to see Bright's 3 older brothers (and possibly the rest of Bright's biological family) when I am in Ghana. I'm very excited about this. I was told a while back that at least 2 of his brothers were being adopted and I felt/feel quite desperate at the thought of them leaving Ghana and us not having any way to find the boys in the future.


I talked to the orphanage director today and confirmed that all three brothers are still there (and there was no mention of adoption). I so wish there was a way for me to transfer them into AAI's Children's home so that we could find them an adoptive family, but there are a mountain of obstacles in the way of that happening. Greed is such a sad, sad thing when it affects the future of innocent children.


BUT...I will focus on the good. For now we know where the boys are, and I will have an opportunity to beseech the orphanage director to PLEASE contact me if Bright's brothers are adopted so that we can keep the four boys in contact.


I'm praying that Wise, Steven, and Promise are as happy and healthy as can be achieved in an orphanage environment. They are so in my heart. I grieve for them.


Hopefully I'll get to see the rest of Bright's biological family as well (Aunts, Uncles, Grandparents, etc.). I'm taking a few simple gifts for the boys, and letters and photos for the Anagbo family.


Anita

2 comments:

Candy 11:31 PM  

OK THOSE ARE THE COOLEST NAMES...I have always loved BRIGHT's name but I thought you named him that. WISE AND PROMISE...HOW AWESOME??? Where did Steven come from...Oh wait I am sure they are huge AEROSMITH fans and thats where STEVEN came from...hehe Hope you get to see them while you are there...Hugs Candy

A. Gillispie 8:59 AM  

Nope! Bright's family gave him his awesome name. We think it's so funny that they are Bright, Wise, Promise, and.....Steven! LOL! Someone special must have walked into their lives at just the right time I guess. Kind of like naming your kids Faith, Hope, and Julie!