Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Salve to the Spirit

Sometimes I am so blessed. Well...ALL of the time I am so blessed but sometimes I feel EXTRA blessed! The other day I opened my "work" email to find this message:


Hello Auntie Anita-I love you. I can ride bikes with no training
wheels. I am on a soccer with my brother Abraham. I play baseball, I hit the ball. I love to ride scooter, Abraham’s bike and my bike. I love you
FRANCIS
Francis (and his cousin) were literally the first children who came into AAI's Ghana program. They arrived just about a year ago today---hot, dusty, malnourished, and scared.

I traveled to Ghana twice while Francis was in our care and he has a very special place in my heart. Now Francis lives with an amazing family here in the US and enjoys a life filled with love, laughter, and food! ;-)

I think what humbles me is to think that even during his amazing, wonderful new life. Francis would think about me--his "Auntie Anita!" Yes...I am blessed.

Anita
P.S. Fancis' parents gave permission for me to share his note and his photo.

0 comments: