Sunday, June 01, 2008

Stormy Days

No, for once I'm not talking about my mood or emotions! ;-) Moving on from the "stormy" week I had last week, and believing for sunny days to come!

This weekend was such a stormy weekend. Eric and I had a great evening Friday night, celebrating our 10th anniversary. He got me an awesome necklace that has been on my wish list for a while. Check it out HERE!

We expected our celebration to continue on Saturday as we worked on house projects without the kids (who went to grandparents' Friday night). Unfortunately we woke up Saturday morning to bigtime storms.
They said hail was on its way so we started tossing things to both sides of our garage in hopes we could jam the car in before it got here. I mean really--stuff was like 5 feet tall on each side! LOL! We finally got it cleared and then the electricity went out. Ugh! Electric garage door openers don't work so well without electricity. We found a release latch and got the thing opened, and got most of the car in. Yep--most. So the backend was hanging out and the rain was pouring into our garage. The hail? After all of that it never showed up for the party!

Spent until 4pm with no power on Saturday, then went to get the kids. Then this morning we woke up to VERY dark skies. More storms. This time supposedly tennis ball size hail was coming our way...and 60-70 mph winds. The "storm chasers" are reporting that their windsheilds are being broken by the hail--not to drive. Yeah...that's not exactly what you want to hear when you're ready to walk out the door for church! Eric makes the executive decision we won't be heading across town in the storm. =-(
Here are a few videos I shot before it got totally "here." Once again the hail never came, but the winds did visit us today! Our electricity only left us for a short time today...phone and internet for a few hours. So...AAI families...THIS is why I keep having to send messages that my phone and internet is out! Oklahoma spring!! ;-)



3 comments:

Amy 8:24 PM  

Wow! Your Oklahoma weather is something else! And I LOVE the necklace your hubby gave you. Since my b-day and Christmas are a long way off, I'll have that on my wish list for many moons. It is perfect. :)

Fabu

Heather 8:30 AM  

I've been wanting that necklace as well. With all these plane tickets we will be buying SOON, I think I'll have to settle for admiring yours, though!
Enjoy the summer storms, I always like a good thunderstorm!
Heather

Brandi 12:38 PM  

Anita, I haven't been here in a while! I've got lots of catching up to do!

I was thinking of you the other day when I was looking at the RLC stuff. Have you heard of it? www.redletterscampaign.com We'd love for you to be an RLC blogger and feature Ghana for others!

Glad to be back. . don't you just love a good storm, too? Makes me all snuggly (unfortunately, my kids aren't quite young enough to curl up with a great book yet!)

Brandi