Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Thank You

"You come against me with sword and spear, but I come against you in the name of the Lord Almighty, the God of the armies of Israel...all those gathered here will know that it is not by sword or spear that the Lord saves, for the battle is the Lord's."
1 Sam 17:45

Thank you everybody, for your thoughts and prayers. Around 500 people have visited this blog today (because of others that linked)! Incredible. I hate that tragedies like this occur, but I think it's amazing how God has created people to show their best selves after something bad does happen. For me, this serves as a reminder that people do have GOOD in them--very good. Of course I believe that all good and all light is rooted in the Lord. Anyway, I don't know about you but after what happened at Eban House, I needed to be reminded how good people can be.
Well, my passport has been located (even has a shiny new visa I won't be using) and will be here tomorrow. My tickets are reserved and I'm definitely leaving on Saturday. Whew. I have a thing for going to Ghana with less than a week's notice. This will be my 7th trip, and my 6th with less than a week's notice. It will be a whirlwind until I leave.

All of our financial records at Eban House were taken with the computers, so we will have the not so fun task of trying to recreate over a year's worth of financial records while I'm there (NGO's are held accountable for these things). We'll also be adding more security to the home's entries so that even if someone were to get into the wall again, they wouldn't be able to get into the house. The list goes on and on and I feel sure already that 16 days won't be long enough. But maybe we can get the brunt of the work done.

Today I was google searching to see if there were any Ghana articles about what happened (there weren't). Instead I ran across the meaning of Eban. Of course we chose that name carefully but I had forgotten exactly what it meant. Eban is the Ghanaian Adinkra Symbol called "the fence." The fence symbolizes "love, safety, and security." I pray that Eban House will once again become that place for our staff and children.

Anita

7 comments:

Mia's Mommy 11:41 PM  

Anita, do you mind if I share this with Faces of Children? They are out of Texas and pray for the oppressed children of the world. They have an enormous prayer network.

I'm so glad you are rooted in the Word of God. I'm praying specifically for Esther's husband's heart. As well as Esther and your precious children in the orphanage.

I'll be praying for your journey too. Our enemy likes nothing more than to kick us when we're down. I'm praying for protection for you and Psalms 91:11 that He will give His angels charge concerning you, To guard you in all your ways.

Heather 5:58 AM  

Anita,

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for loving our children. I feel SO much better knowing that you are going to be there. I want so badly to be there myself... hurry up passports! We will be here praying for you every step of the way.

Heather

TD 6:31 AM  

Anita-
My prayers are with you and Esther, all of the Aunties and of course all of those sweet children. And as a new family, this has not deterred us away from Eban House in the slightest. I am still so excited to go there. The evil doesn't scare us! God is present and protecting us always....thanks for all you do Anita.

Ericka 7:14 AM  

Anita, I pray for that too.
Please be careful in Ghana, trust your instincts and listen to your heart.
We will be covering you, the children and staff and your family here in prayer during this very difficult time.

A. Gillispie 8:16 PM  

Mia's Mommy, of course feel free to share about this with whomever you wish.

Blessings,
Anita

Dawn 10:41 PM  

Praying Anita.
dawn

HollyAnn 2:28 PM  

Hey girl! I have been praying like crazy for you and Esther and Eban's house! Esther is just beautiful!

I am leaving Saturday for Liberia...mabye we will pass in the airports! :) Have a safe trip and I will continue to pray and check the blog! love, HP