Friday, August 29, 2008

Guess this just isn't a serious week.

I don't know. I just can't blog serious right now. I've got deep stuff stewing, but just can't get down there to write on it yet. So I write about other things that aren't really important at all.


Autumn: Is anybody else SO ready for Autumn? I love that time of year! It is my favorite hands down. When I was teaching I couldn't help myself and decorated my room with leaves and harvest even though we started in August (the hottest month of the year in OK). At home I usually manage to make it until September 1 before starting to decorate, but then all bets are off! Today I went to Hobby Lobby and got suckered in with all of the 40% and 50% off Harvest stuff. Heaven! Could I wait to put it up? No way! So now my home is sufficiently "fallish" but much more will come out before it actually turns cool.
Kilo: Sorry I just can't stop writing about this dog! She is so cool. It's been a week and we still haven't had a single accident in the house. She isn't perfect (wants to eat my animal skin drums VERY badly) but I'm definitely feeling the love. I went outside tonight to take a pic of something else and captured both of the "babies" of the house making escape plans together. I don't know why, but this pic of Kilo and Bright cracks me up!
Bangle: Well, Bangle kitty's "soft paws" arrived and she is now unable to ruin our furniture with her claws. She was NONE to happy when I trimmed her claws and glued the light pink plastic "claws" on, but once we got them on she really didn't seem to care. She seems pretty clueless that her paws have been rendered ineffective. So far I'm a fan of the "soft paw."

I love 3 day weekends. Especially when it also happens to be the first weekend of college football! OUr Sooners play tomorrow. Well, it will be more like scrimmage because it's just a silly little joke of a team we're playing. Will that stop us from buying the pay-per-view showing? Absolutely not! It is our Sooners after all.
On Sunday morning we will be heading to Eric's sister's house for a day of birthday celebrations and games. It will be nice to have a whole day with them, knowing the next morning there is nothing to get up early for!

Anita

0 comments: