Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Happy, Happy, Merry, Merry!

Happy Christmas Eve to all of my bloggy friends! This is the day that the Lord has made! I will rejoice and be GLAD in it!!!

I will not yell at my kids today. Instead I'll read them a book.
I will not stress over unclean floors. Instead, I'll spend extra cuddle time with the hubby.
I will not worry over who got what, and how they will feel. Instead, I'll PRAISE HIM for giving us the means to do special things for our kids and extended family!
I will not freak out when my mom comes in and sees unclean bathrooms. She is here because she LOVES us and wants to share this most special night of the year with us.
I will not "read the rights" to my kids when they are crazy and hyper tonight. Instead, we'll sit down and read the Christmas story together.
I won't look at late night gift-wrapping as a chore. Instead, it's an opportunity to make memories with Eric and my parents.

I won't under any circumstances allow the stresses of what *could* come with this day to take away my JOY for what this day is about--the preperation for celebration of the birth of my Lord Jesus Christ!!

May your day be a day of making memories, turning messes into blessings, and creating a Christ-centered holiday for your family and friends.

Love,
Anita

7 comments:

Sue 8:22 AM  

Merry Christmas, Anita!

Love,

Sue

Ericka 9:03 AM  

Merry Christmas Anita!
Hope you are feeling better :)

Anonymous 10:18 AM  

Wonderful post!
Merry Christmas to you and yours!

Joy 10:28 AM  

What a beautiful family!

Merry Christmas!

Joy

Amy 10:34 AM  

Merry Christmas Anita! Love this post my friend and I love you!

Amy

Laurel 5:17 PM  

Beautiful Post! Great reminders of what we are celebrating, and what our focus should be.

Christmas Blessings to you and your family!


Laurel :)

Zimmerman family 11:42 PM  

Merry Christmas!! Good words for us to remember.

We love you!!
The Zimmerman family