Friday, December 26, 2008

Stocking for a missing child

I did something silly this morning. I went to Target looking for a specific item we had hoped to get at 50% off (it wasn't there). While I was there I noticed there were a few stockings left in the style that my mom bought for our kids this year. We've never really had the stockings I wanted--but these were perfect. Classic colors with each child's initial embroidered. Green for boys and red for the girl. Mom blessed me with them.


So today when I saw one stocking left....in red...with a "G" embroidered on it...(you know...we're Gillispies) I picked it up and put it in my basket. Why? For that elusive "maybe" future child that has always rambled around in my head. #4, we lovingly refer to him or her. But we're thinking her. And it WAS a red stocking.

So, whenever or IF ever she comes, she'll have a matching stocking. It will have her last initial rather than her first, but I can live with that.

Anita
P.S. I also came away with a beautiful nativity that is different than any others I have. Only problem is that both Mary and Jospeph were decaputated! Oops! Off later to buy some super glue!

6 comments:

Anonymous 10:09 AM  

I'm glad I'm not the only one :). This christmas I started a new tradition... I wrote letters to my son, and husband and then to the daughter and son of my heart. I already have stockings for them that match the others as I bought the whole set some years ago. I'll continue to write them letters every christmas until they get here... at least that is the plan :).

Laurel 1:20 PM  

Maybe you'll just have to give her a G name. :)


Gina
Gabriella
Gretchen
Gertrude (just kidding, but trying to give all options)
Georgia


:) :) :)

Amy 2:49 PM  

Oh my friend, I think that speaks volumes! :) Kind of warms the heart...

Fabu

Heather 6:48 PM  

Oh friend, I know how you feel with that elusive maybe child. Glad you bought the stocking anyway!

Kaitlyn 8:04 PM  

I really liked this post! I have two stockings that match the others for our family for the future children my heart prays for. Your #4 will know that she was loved long before you ever knew her.

mary grace 8:42 AM  

So glad to see that I'm not the only one. I have two stockings in my Christmas bin that are waiting to be claimed at this moment!