Friday, December 26, 2008

Precious Gifts

Of course our most precious gifts in life have nothing to do with "things," but I did want to share two special gifts I received this year.

My mom gifts me a nativity every year. I don't remember when it started--somewhere in the last 5-6 years? My mom knows me better than anyone, so she knows how to spot something that would be special to me. This year's nativity is from House of Fontanini. The pictures don't do it justice AT ALL.
Another special gift I got this year was from my mother-in-law. She is a gifted seamstress and crochet artist. She has this really cool sewing machine that does all sorts of stuff! She made all of the women in our family towel sets this year and they are just gorgeous! I hung them in our bathroom and told our kids not to ever touch! LOL! Aren't handmade gifts the most special? I think so.
Anita

1 comments:

Jane (a.k.a. patjrsmom) 4:14 PM  

Hi Anita,

When my husband and I were first married, my mother bought us the holy family in the Fontanini collection on our first Christmas. Every year since, "Santa" has not only been responsible for placing the infant Jesus in the manger, but delivering a new piece or two to add to the nativity. After nearly 2 decades, it's become quite a set and the great thing is Fontanini has no shortage of pieces to add!

Merry Christmas!
Jane