Friday, February 27, 2009

Help from Above

It has been a very discouraging week, for reasons I can't go into. Everything is fine with our adoption plans. I get 3 verses in my inbox every day. It always amazes me how sometimes the verses are exactly what I need to read on that particular day. Here were today's verses:

The man of integrity walks securely, but he who takes crooked paths will be found out. Proverbs 10:9

God is not unjust; he will not forget your work and the love you have shown him as you have helped his people and continue to help them. We want each of you to show this same diligence to the very end, in order to make your hope sure. We do not want you to become lazy, but to imitate those who through faith and patience inherit what has been promised.Hebrews 6:10-12

For I am the LORD, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you. Isaiah 41:13
I hope these verses have blessed and encouraged one of you today, like they did me. We've got to keep on keeping on even when it seems that the world is against us in our efforts to "do right." Someone reminded me last night that the Bible is very clear that Christians will be persecuted. We need to expect the struggles we face. I am so thankful that I don't have to face them alone.
Anita

1 comments:

In His Dust 3:12 PM  

It is amazing how God talks to us.