Saturday, April 18, 2009

I had a dream...

I haven't been feeling well the last few days (stupid egg salad!). I laid down to take a nap this afternoon, and had a dream. It's significant to me because it's the first time that I've had a dream about Kendi.

I was in Ghana, but wasn't there to pick Kendi up. The trip was for some other purpose. I walked into Eban House and of course was getting tons of hugs from the other kids. So many kids in my dream! I was hugging back. Then I was going through clothes, trying to figure out which clothes fit which kids. In my dream I was DIEING waiting to see Kendi Mabel, but I was trying to go on, since I had a chore to do.

Finally, while I was turned away fitting a dress on a little girl, and Auntie brought Kendi Mabel. I turned around and she was being held up about 12 inches from my face! LOL! It was so great!!! She said "Mama!" and then clung onto me with that monkey-hold she does. She started kissing me over and over again on the lips. She was smiling and she had boogers in her nose! HA!

It was just so great. Feeling my baby in my arms. And in my dream, she was so happy to see me. In real life, when I'm in Ghana next month, I know she won't be any more happy to see me than any other obruni. But one day...one day (!)... she is going to run to me and know that I am mommy!

Anita

1 comments:

Jen 5:41 PM  

What a great dream! Did you give my boy a big, big hug in your dream??

Jennine