Friday, August 07, 2009

First Day of School!

Today was the official first day of school for all three Gillispie kids!

BRIGHT was so excited to go back to his pre-k3 class (a special public school class for developmentaly delayed kiddos). His teachers love him *SO* much. He's a very easy kid (needs wise) compared to the other kids in his class. He adores his friends and teachers and absolutely THRIVES in the school environment. The only thing missing for Bright-O today was a ride on the bus. That will start sometime next week. =-)
TAEVY's first day of school was so-so. She's in a much better place than she was a week ago as far as self-control goes, but it's still a struggle. She's learning that mom's standards are different than what she's used to. =-) I'm convinced this (moving to school at home) is going to be a good move for her after we get the chinks worked out.
SAMREN is the biggest surprise to me out of all the children. He has shown me in a very short time that he is a smart kid! I mean...I knew he was smart, but the way he was reading and writing at the end of first grade I was very concerned about learning problems. He's shown me that in actuality he doesn't have a learning problem. He just isn't too self-motivated. Not a perfectionist. He is learning about my standards and all of the sudden (surprise surprise!) he is writing more clearly and reading much better.

Anita
P.S. Taevy and Samren are wearing their "school t-shirts"--K12 t-shirts we got online for $5. =-)

2 comments:

Grateful 12:55 PM  

Love the first day school photos! We take them each year with fingers held up for what grade they are in. My oldest, now in college has so many pictures with number of fingers held up and eyes rolling into the back of her head. (hee...guess she didn't really like first school day pics!) Oh, well...good memories for me! You have a lovely family. Enjoy the school year! Tami

A. Gillispie 5:11 PM  

Tami, that's such a cute idea with holding up the numbers! My kids all started school in this house, so we always take the pics in front of that tree each year. =-)