Wednesday, January 20, 2010

James 1:27 Family

For the last few months I have been following the blog of James 1:27 Family. I don't remember how I happened across the story of this family, who is adopting a very sick little girl in Rwanda. What I do know is that this is a family that truly needs prayers. I am heartbroken for this mom, who is all alone in Rwanda literally fighting for her daughter's life. I remember how helpless I felt when Samren would not eat or drink. It is a primal instict of mothers to feed their children. Not only do you worry for your child, but you also have a deep feeling of failure within yourself because you can't get your child to eat. It was awful. And I was in a place where I knew there was at least a feeding tube if all else failed. James 1:27 family has no feeding tubes. I was in a place where I had my entire support system. This mom has none of that.

Please go to the blog when you have a chunk of time. Read back so that you can get the basics of the story, then read forward. I'm sure that, like me, you will feel a deep compassion for this mother and child.

1 comments:

FullPlateMom 7:45 AM  

I think she's actually in Uganda (not Rwanda). Either way, a totally AMAZING lady.