Saturday, June 26, 2010

Do you know Joy?

Sometimes...every once in a while...I feel like all of the fight has left me. It seems that in Ghana adoption, if one thing isn't a challenge, then another thing will be. For four years now, I have been involved emotionally in many adoptions. It is a constant roller coaster. At times, I have TRIED to become calloused, because it would be a lot easier not to care. It would be a lot easier if these were just cases instead of children and families.

The last week has been one of those week. There has been very little JOY in my work. Lots of challenges. Lots of disappointed families. Children that could be going to sleep in their parents' arm each night, but are instead basically being held hostage in Ghana by an immigration process that seems to say "guilty until proven innocent." It's hard to keep my JOY during times like this.

But there is one child that has made a significant impact on my life. Her name is JOY. She is the greatest survivor I know. The Lord certainly has His hand on her. If you'd like to meet Joy GO HERE and push "Introducing Joy Slideshow." Meet the child who motivates me to put one foot in front of the other each day. Joy motivates me to keep going even when it's hard. Because SHE did it (with the Lord's help). She kept going. She kept living. If she can do that, I think I can keep fighting for her and children like her to be united with their families.

1 comments:

Tricia 4:04 PM  

Thanks Anita. She looks wonderful.