Friday, September 24, 2010

This and That

Need a new dinner idea? We came up with something on the fly last night that worked out pretty well.
Strogonaff-ish Noodles
2 pounds pasta (of your choice)
1 pound ground beef
1 packet French Onion Soup Mix
4 beef bouillon cubes
3 cans cream of mushroom soup
3/4 cup milk
Directions:
Fill pot with water, for pasta. Add 4 beef bouillon cubes. Add pasta and cook as directed.
Brown the beef. Salt and pepper as desired.
Add 3 cans cream of mushroom soup and 1 packet french onion soup mix to the beef.
Add 3/4 cup of milk (or adjust as desired) to thin out the sauce.
Simmer the beef sauce for 10-15 minutes.
When pasta is finished, drain the water/bouillon.
Add beef sauce to pasta, mixing well.
Enjoy!
Little puppy. Big bowl.

The other night Eric was doing some work on the computer. Kendi sat down with her coloring. I asked her to do something a bit later and she said, "Mom, I'm working right now!" Hee hee.
I love moments where all four kids are doing one activity. In this instance, it was a game of BINGO.
Last week I received a skirt from Ghana. My Auntie Comfort's family made it. Pretty cool, right?!


My best memory of the week came at about midnight last night. No picture (except in my mind's eye). I went up to check on the kids. Isn't it nice to just watch your kids sleeping sometimes?
I went into the boys' room first. Their room is a pit right now and they've been on restriction until it's clean. That means tough days with Samren (who genuinely struggles with laziness). It was so sweet to walk in and see my big stubborn boy all cuddled up with his "Sammy Bear" (this stuffed bear he's had since he was 3). Bright wasn't on his bed. Instead he was on the middle of the floor as closed to Samren's bed as he could get. Those boys have a hard time getting along sometimes, but they love each other.
Walking into the girls room brought tears to my eyes. No Kendi on her bed. Instead, Taevy and Kendi were cuddled up on Taevy's bed. And I mean they were CUDDLING! Taevy's arms were wrapped around Kendi's legs. Kendi's arms were wrapped around Taevy's head. I don't brag on Taevy enough. She is such an amazing child. She is so giving and so nurturing. She would do anything to help one of her siblings feel better.
I love my kids. I'm blessed by them each and every day, if I only stop long enough to appreciate the blessings.
Anita

2 comments:

frogglet 11:44 AM  

What a wonderful post. I will have to try out your recipe it sounds good. I love the skirt so pretty!
Have a wonderful weekend, I am really looking forward to it!!

CarrieT 10:27 PM  

I forgot to comment on your post about sweating. I take an antidepressant that causes sweating too. I feel for you, girl!! I sweat a lot on my face. I can't even wear makeup. Before I had children I was a music teacher at the middle school level. The first few years my old school building had no A.C. On open house night one year, early in Sept., one of my 6th grade students introduced me to his mom as "Mom, this is Mrs. T. Her face is always sweaty like that!!!" Argh!! ;-)

Carrie