Tuesday, April 05, 2011

Simple Things

Our backyard, as I have mentioned before, is a MESS. It's a jolly good mess. When we moved in this very spot was home to lovely top soil, with mulch on top, and beautiful huge Hosta plants. Now, it's covered in dirt, and dog holes, and bricks, and a sheet (!) and a jerry-rigged homemade swing. I don't think I need to tell you which is more beautiful to me. And I think my kids would agree that a homemade swing with plenty of bricks to hammer apart is way more fun than Hosta plants!

2 comments:

Heather 9:07 AM  

You can always say you're trying to bring a little bit of Ghana into your yard! Seriously, I want to come plant something at your house now!

A. Gillispie 9:15 AM  

Come on down, my friend!!!! Actually, you'd be a LITTLE bit proud of us. We just got a cherry blossom tree to plant on the side that has no trees. =-) We can keep trees alive easier than smaller plants!