Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Paper "Snowflakes"

One of the families I've had the honor of assisting through adoption has an adult daughter with a talent that astounds me. Truly, it leaves me standing in awe. She creates paper "snowflakes" with intricate designs. Doesn't sound to astounding, right? You have to see them! She creates these snowflakes from her own mind! She uses no template. She makes thousands of cuts in ONE single piece of paper to include motifs that are intricate and meaningful. If you tell her a theme to go off of, or ask her to include specific things (such as Adinkra Symbols from Ghana) she can do that.

I am saving my pennies so that I can ask her to design a snowflake to represent our family. In the meantime, a Ghana-themed snowflake (complete with African animals, flora, and Adinkra symbols) will be auctioned in a few weeks to benefit two children who are being adopted. I will be sure to post details later so you can bid if you'd like!!! In the meantime, if you'd like to see examples of this artist's work, go HERE!

1 comments:

Erika 6:53 AM  

those snowflakes are AMAZING!!