Tuesday, June 07, 2011

Summer

I made a comment several days ago about not liking summer very much. It occurs to me that if I was in a different part of the country summer may be my favorite time of the year! A bloggy friend posted on her blog recently that it had just gotten about 70 for the first time in their area and they were SO excited to have the warm weather. Here in OK we can get a 70 degree day in the middle of February! A "normal" winter day would be in the high 40s/low 50's. [We get negative temps sometimes too--we're weird that way.] Spring and Fall are very short seasons, with beautiful 70's weather. "Summer" temps take up half the year here. We've been in the mid to high 90's for the past 10 days or so. So there you have it--the reasoning behind my bias against summer in OK! If I ever move to the upper states I will have to revise this opinion!

2 comments:

Laurel 9:29 PM  

Yes. I think you would like summer in the Pacific NW.

:) :) :)

GrandmaB 12:21 PM  

And then, add in the humidity factor!