Thursday, August 11, 2011

Innovation in Education

I am learning a hard lesson right now. In education, there are too many players that don't want anything to change. If someone comes along and wants to do something innovative, someone else will do whatever they can to ruin it. Heaven forbid we should have more CHOICES for our children.

Yeah...in case you can't tell...something else "too good to be true" was really too good to be true. No Bob Jones through Epic Charter School. The State Department of Education and the Homeschool Legal Defence Fund made sure of that.

We are back to square one. We haven't saved money for homeschool curriculum, and no other choice with Epic feels like a good one right now (although I'm not saying we're leaving Epic). I don't know what we will end up doing. Prayers appreciated.

Anita

4 comments:

The Last Crusade 3:36 PM  

Ugh! Ridiculous. Still don't know what we're doing either. I have a friend that doesn't use anything. She teaches the state requirements by library books, field trips, experiments and games. I may do that. But that requires lots of organization. Not sure I'm ready for all that! Good luck!

Jenny :) 3:51 PM  

I'm so sorry that happened! I'll be praying for ya'll that you find the right curriculum for you and the kids.

Jenny :) 3:52 PM  

I'm so sorry you're going through this! I'll be praying for you guys that you find the right curriculum for you and the kids!

Laurel 4:09 PM  

So sorry!

All of the WA State programs for homeschoolers have to make MAJOR changes this year. We homeschoolers basically LOST most of our choices.

Praying for you. Let me know if you have any questions about specific curriculum ... as I've used a LOT of different things over the past 20+ years of homeschooling.


:) :) :)