Friday, March 09, 2012

Efua Green: 1000 for 1

Thank you to all of you who gave to Efua Green's FIG account! I heard from Polly Green who expressed her great thanks for everybody who is praying for her baby, and for everybody who said YES, I can give at least $10 for Efua Green! As of last night $600 had been donated this week. That's great! Thank you!


Here's reality. Efua needs another $3000 in her FIG account before end of this month so that her fees can go to Ghana on April 1st. Otherwise, she'll have to wait another month in Ghana. The Green family is doing EVERYTHING they can. Don't think that they are just sitting around waiting for people give. Not at all. But they are also praying that hearts may be softened and that everybody who sees this child's eyes might click on over and give $10 (or more). The thought is, over 1000 people saw Efua's eyes when she was waiting, and over 1000 people said, "No, I can't adopt her." Now, we same 1000 people can say, "YES, I can do this! I can do THIS for Efua!"


Efua means "Friday Born." Could today be a big day for this child?


It's easy. If you want to give a tax deductible donation, just CLICK HERE. Input the amount you want to give. I had a cousin call the other day and said, "Anita, my heart is broken for this child. I'm covering 10 people." That's pretty much how it works! If you can give $10 for Efua, THANK YOU SO MUCH. If you can give to "cover" for those that won't/can't give, THANK YOU for that as well! If what you can do right now is SHARE THIS on facebook, or on your blog, or with all of your email friends or co-workers, well that might just make the biggest impact of all!

]

My point is, every single one of us can take a few moments to get out of our own lives and do something for this precious little child in Ghana.


Thank you for taking time out of your day to consider this situation


Anita

P.S. The Green family has not asked me to make this request for Efua. They have only given their permission for me to share the situation, but very humbly so.

3 comments:

Kait 3:26 PM  

Thank you for reposting this! I wanted to donate last time you posted about this precious baby but for some reason the paypal link didn't work and I never got back to try again. Thanks for the reminder!

Dawn 10:34 AM  

Any update?
Love, Dawn

Julie Fraley 1:28 PM  

Hi Anita,

I know you are just getting home from Ghana, but I was hoping for an update on Efua as it is nearing the end of the month. How is the fund raising going? Will they make the March deadline? How much more is needed?

I have been praying like crazy for this little munchkin!

Thanks,

Julie