Thursday, May 24, 2012

He's Got the Whole World...

Remember that song?  He's got the whole world, in His hands!  He's got the whole world, in His hands!  It goes on to name other things...  He's got the birds and bees, in His hands.  So on and so forth.

That song came to mind tonight as I felt relief after an absolutely awful day spent in bed, writhing in pain.  I made a mistake and allowed one of my fibromyalgia medications run out of refills.  Worse yet, it's been 3 months since I last went to the doctor so they automatically reject the refill request until you go to see the doctor.  They didn't have an appointment for me until NEXT Wednesday at 8am.

Okay, I thought.  God is my refuge and my strength.  Between him and Ibruprofin we can do this. =-)  However, it's really not good for you to just go cold turkey off of this medication.  There are withdraw symptoms.  I mean, I'm sure it's not like if I were taking oxycontin and were a druggy, but imagine a lesser version of that.  My body wasn't just in pain today.  It was sick.  My bowels were sick.  My body hurt like a horrible flu.  I couldn't get comfortable in my skin.  I just wanted to escape the day through sleep, but sleep was fitful and full of nightmares.

We knew there was a chance that my doctor would call in a week's worth of medication to get me through until my appointment, so at 5:30 Eric called the pharmacy to check on it.  The prarmacy let us know that the doctor had actually called in 3 months of refills and they had already filled the prescription.  Off we went.  I know it sounds so weak, but just the short trip through Target to pick up the medication and get two more things was all my body could take before feeling very shaky.  I was walking at a snail's pace. 

This was what it was like ONE day without ONE of my medications for Fibro.  It certainly puts things into perspective.  I am so thankful that I live in a place where I have these medications available to me.  How would it be to live in a developing country where I have this pain with no name and no treatment?  I can't imagine.

However, He's got the whole world, in His hand.  He took care of me in His way today, through my doctor's merciful prescription.  I have faith that He takes care of the person living somewhere in the wild in a different but no less effective way.  He's got the WHOLE world, in His hand.

0 comments: