Friday, November 16, 2012

26 People for 280 Children

My facebook tells me that I have 447 "friends."  Wow--that's a lot of "friends!"  I just went to look up the definition of friend, for giggles. 

1. A person whom one knows, likes, and trusts.
2. A person whom one knows; an acquaintance.
3. A person with whom one is allied in a struggle or cause.

A person with whom one is allied in a struggle or cause.
 
A few days ago I shared with all of my friends about The Holiday Project in Ghana.  I shared with you how at least 280 children are counting on us (yes, you, if you're reading this) to come through for them this holiday season.  They are counting on us to give them some joy on Christmas day.  These are kids who have no parents, or who have parents but live in deplorable conditions and won't have the luxury of enjoying anything "extra" on Christmas if we don't help them.  We're not trying to give them the world (which they deserve, but is out of our reach).  We're just trying to give them Jollaf Rice and Chicken (Ghana's version of Turkey and Dressing), and/or maybe a humble Christmas gift like underwear, or socks, or shoes, or a matchbox car, or a baby doll, or a bag of cookies.  We're trying to show them that someone out there LOVES them and cares about them.
 
I am so VERY thankful to those who hear pleas like this one and don't turn off your hearts.  I want you to know how few you are.  You are TRULY special.  God has given you the gift of mercy and giving.  So far, 26 people have given to The Holiday Project in Ghana.  And those 26 people have made a HUGE dent in our goal!!!  I have 447 "friends" on Facebook.  I know that others have shared with their hundreds of "friends" on Facebook.  Surely thousands  of "friends" on facebook have seen the request to give to this "struggle or cause."  And 26 have met the call.
 
Friends, maybe you just haven't had time to give.  I know it's super busy the week before Thanksgiving.  I get it.  I'm asking YOU--yes you--the person who has NOTHING to do with adoption and Ghana and has never made an online donation before--to just make a click and give.  Don't want to give on Paypal?  No problem.  Click on over to the FB page for this project.  Mandie Doak will take your check and it will get to the same place.  THESE KIDS NEED US!
 
I HAVE FAITH IN YOU, MY FRIENDS.  Not 447 FB "friends," but my real friends.  The ones of you I actually know.  This one is important to me.  These are "my" kids.  These are the kids that call me "Auntie Anita" when I go to Ghana.  These are the kids I feel personally responsible for.  I cannot make this happen for them without your help.  CLICK HERE to make a donation.  Anything helps.
 
God bless you,
Anita

0 comments: