Tuesday, November 13, 2012

The Missing Link

I am *SO* much better.  Thanks to those who took the time to send up a prayer for me after the last post.  I don't know if it was your prayers or what, but that very night, as I was taking my medicine before bed, my eye caught on a container of medicine that was in the back of the drawer.  I had kept thinking my hand felt to light each night when I took my medicine, but everything appeared to be lined up properly.  I couldn't think of anything missing.  For two+ weeks.  That night, for whatever reason, I saw that bottle.

After all that time it turns out I WAS missing one of my medicines!  I wouldn't have thought that medicine would have such an affect on my Fibro, but it turns out it does.  The very next day I felt about 75% better than the day before.  Now I'm 5 days into my regular regimen and life feels pretty much back to normal again, physically and emotionally.  Amazing the difference one little pill can make.  Everything feels back on track again.  My pain is manageable.  My day feels manageable.  And I even feel present for my children!  Whoop!  Whoop!

I know I must appear to be really crazy.  One post is all doom and gloom.  The next is sunshine and daisies.  First, purging really does help (for me).  Second, even though I still live in pain, lessening that pain by a GREAT amount makes a terrific difference in your outlook on life.  It really does.  It's the difference between laying in bed and....baking cookies.  Maybe it's 2 dozen cookies instead of 6 dozen, but being able to bake cookies at all is something I wouldn't have been able to do a few weeks ago.

So thanks for the prayers.  I think that they worked.  For two+ weeks I didn't see that little bottle, but on THAT night I saw it.  Coincidence?  I think not.

Love,
Anita

1 comments:

Laurel 3:36 PM  

So glad you found your meds and are feeling better. Hope you and the kids are enjoying some fresh cookies.


:) :) :)