Tuesday, July 02, 2013

Defeat my in MY efforts, oh Lord!

Unless the LORD builds the house, its builders labor in vain. Unless the LORD watches over the city, the watchmen stand guard in vain. — Psalm 127:1

Thought

"It's all up to you!" That's the prevailing mindset for high achievers in our world. But it is wrong. Our efforts to build and be a part of something great are ultimately in vain if the Lord doesn't bless our them. They may flourish for a time under our intense efforts, but if the plans and the construction of great things is not from the Lord, they will not stand the test of time.

Prayer

Almighty God and Eternal Father, forgive me for trying to make everything happen by my own efforts and relentless work. You can do far more to advance my work for your kingdom than all my worry and fretfulness could ever do. Please take the lead in every aspect of my life; defeat me in efforts not in harmony with your will and please empower those efforts which will bring you glory and others closer to your grace. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen.
**********************************************************************
If you get a "Verse of the Day" you will know that the timing of these verses seem more than pre-destined!  I have been praying a lot lately about Eban Project.  I don't want to push MY will onto this organization.  I don't want it to be about people doing good.  I want it to be about God doing good through people.
 
I know with absolute certainty that no long-term successes will be had unless the Lord is in this work.  HE must lay the foundation.  HE must send those who would be our core supporters.  HE must bless the work of our hands.  HE must inspire our hearts towards the *right* projects and the *right* people.
 
It is honestly hard to keep Him in the center of all that we do.  It's easy to get off-track and start imagining all that we could do without stopping to pray about what HE would have us to do.  There is much good in the world, but with the Lord, we can have the BEST.  And for Eban Project, we want the BEST!
 
Lord, may we always stay in the center of your will with all we do.  Truly, may you defeat any efforts that are made without your blessing.  We are imperfect, fallible people.  We might think we've heard you when in fact we haven't.  Lord, when it comes to the trip we feel you've called us to...if the timing is wrong we pray that the funding WILL NOT come.  But if the timing is right, we know that it will come.  All in your perfect timing, we know that your WILL be done.  Amen.

0 comments: