Sunday, July 09, 2006

As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the Lord is flawless. He is a shield for all who take refuge in him. -- Psalm 18:30

What a wonderful verse, eh? Lately the Lord has brought several verses and passages to my attention that have all encouraged me to just hold on, have faith in Him, and believe that He will indeed bring us our baby boy. Thank you Lord!
Last night I had a dream about Kendi Juliet. It's funny what our mind plays out while we sleep. This was just a dream about our first meeting. My mom was there, behind me, as I walked up to this tiny scared 3 year old child standing in the dirt. She had tears in her eyes but wasn't openly sobbing. I told her, "Hi Juliet. My name is Anita. I would like it very much if you would become my daughter. I will be your Mommy forever, and you will always be a part of our family." I then took her hand and lead her away from the orphanage as she began to cry. How scary it must be for these children to leave all they know! No wonder they sob and rage! I would too!
As I awoke from the dream I thought quite a while about how I will really handle things when we first meet dear Kendi Juliet. Is the way I approached things in the dream really so odd? I'm not sure. Might it not scare her even more for this big white woman to run up to her, take her into my arms as I cry and proclaim "I'm your Mommy! I love you!" Of course, that's what I'd like to do, but I doubt that approach would be best for her. I must give all of this more thought. In the mean time I appreciate hearing from anybody who has been through the adoption of a child who is old enough to know what is going on. What did you do?
Love, Anita
P.S. The pic--this is the first try at a crocheted halter top. Can't wait to know what KJ's size is so that I can make some for her!

1 comments:

Anonymous 4:17 PM  

I love the top (and the little angel wearing it)! When I saw the picture before I read the post, I thought...Where did she get that top and how can I get one! =) It looks beautiful!