Tuesday, July 11, 2006

I had a dream....

Ah, Sovereign Lord, you have made the heavens and the earth byyour great power and outstretched arm. Nothing is too hard for you. -- Jeremiah 32:17
Amen to that, eh?! I bet there's not a single person who had gone through an international adotpion that wouldn't give a hardy "AMEN!" to this verse!
I had a dream today. It was one of those half asleep and half awake dreams that I have from time to time. Several times the dreams have turned out to be significant. For instance, once I had one of these dreams and it was about a friend who had been waiting months and months for her son to come home from Haiti. The dream included her name and 3 numbers. That's it! But it turns out that those three numbers were the date that her adoption decree was signed in Haiti. Anyway...
In my dream today I had just sent an email to our agency director (don't know what about). Almost immediately I had an email back from her that said, "DID YOU GET IT YET?!?!?!" That was followed by something like @*#&Q*&^(. And went on to say, "Also, I talked to the orphanage director and Kendi is just as tiny and perfect as we thought!" That was the end of the dream. The significant portions of the dream were her question--"Did you get it yet?" and (oddly enough) the "Q" in the middle of the symbols. In my mind during the dream I got really excited thinking that our director had sent us news of our baby boy!
Needless to say I came down and checked my email immediately just in case.....but nothing. =-) Oh well. I guess if the dream was one of "those" dreams (where they come true) I'll know soon enough.
Everyday I wake up and wonder if this will be the day that we get word of our baby boy. I so long to know who he is! And I know that we are the only family who is ready to be referred a child right now so basically, the attorney is only working on identifying our child.
Love, Anita
P.S. Okay, her name. We *think* the delimma is over! LOL! It will officially be Kendi Grace Juliet Gillispie. But of course at first she will be Kendi Juliet so that we can help her to transfer from Juliet to Kendi.

1 comments:

Anonymous 4:15 PM  

A-
I am SO excited about you keeping Juliet! When I read her name, I just thought it was beautiful!

Love,
T