Thursday, October 26, 2006

For the record...

I misinterpreted what Lois' plan was about the Friday calls.  She'll call me on Friday with an update, but I'm still welcome to call/email throughout the week (not that I plan to).  Glad I misinterpreted that.
 
The trip to Ghana (and the intimacy of our time there) has caused a lot of crappy baggage between Lois and I.  We've had a pretty big personal falling out.  Too hard to manage a friendship alongside the professional-client adoption relationship.  From this point on I'll be working towards a decent professional relationship with her so that we can get our boy home.  I'm going to try really hard not to have any expectations about anything--from level of communication, to when we might get to actually START the adoption, to when we might actually get to bring our child home.
 
This is one of those times that I wish I could literally curl up in the Lord's lap and cry and cry and cry and eventually fall asleep in His comforting arms.  In fact, if my dad were still alive I think I'd be at his house right now going for the next best thing. 
 
From way down here in Full-On Funk Land,
Anita

0 comments: