Monday, November 06, 2006

Silence

Ahhhhhhh.  Don't you just love silence?!  Sometimes I sincerely do!  Today was one of those days.  I had our kids as well as the two toddlers I watch until around 6:30pm.  After the two babies left I felt this overwhelming need for QUIET!!!!  ;-)  Sometimes silence helps me to recuperate from whatever has my feathers ruffled.
 
On the down side, silence can be a very big nuisance in adoption.  There was silence today about the situation with the application for adoption.  There was silence today about the potential for the referral of our next child.  All things "Ghana" were silent today. =-(
 
But let me try to be positive here.  There was silence from Ghana today.  So that means that in all likelihood our precious Bright is doing just fine.  It means that nothing happened *negatively* in the adoption.  Nothing happening at all is better than something happening to stop or stall the adoption, right?
 
So today, nothing major happened--good or bad.  The silence is hard, but does give me some things to be thankful for, even in the midst of a time when I hope for big loud proclamations about our adoption. =-)

Love,
Anita

0 comments: