Thursday, March 15, 2007

More news from Anita--MODIFIED BY ANITA

UPDATED BY ANITA

Well I talked to Eric today and he talked to Anita earlier today. Here is what we know, or at least this is Eric's, and therefore my, understanding. I even read back my notes to him to make sure I understood him correctly.

*Bright was scared of Anita at first, he had never seen a white person and didn't want to. BUT by the end of the day he was much better and was "ok" with her. And is bonding much better with her.

I WISH!  IT TOOK TO DAY 4 TO GET A SMILE AND HE WILL STILL CHOOSE A GHANAIAN OVER ME ANY DAY!  BUT WE ARE MAKING STEADY PROGRESS.  HE HAS SEEN WHITE PEOPLE (VOLUNTEERS) BUT DOESN'T LIKE THEM.  WHITE VOLUNTEER AT EUGEMOT TOLD ME SHE HAD BEEN THERE FOR 2 MONTHS AND BRIGHT STILL DOESN"T LIKE HER!

*They did get the new test results, and Bright is Anemic, however the Ghanaian doctor did not seem to think it was too bad.

*Bright is congested and they are scheduled to see and ENT; Ear, nose, and Throat doctor.

*They are "hoping" to get Bright's passport by the end of the week, THEN they can hope and pray for speedy processing of the Embassy paperwork.

ACTUALLY, THE FEELING IS THAT WE WILL HAVE IT BY THE END OF *NEXT* WEEK.  THEN ONLY ONE WEEK TO DO EMBASSY STUFF.  WILL GO NEXT WEEK TO EMBASSY TO SEE WHAT CAN BE DONE AS PRELIM MEASURE (VISA MEDICAL, ETC.).  PRAY FOR A MIRACLE--THAT'S WHAT IT WOULD TAKE.  BRIGHT ISN"T  CRITICAL SO I WOULD NEVER TRY TO "USE" THAT TO GET HIM HOME SOONER.  NO PHYSICAL REASON TO EXPEDITE UNLESS THEY SEE HIS ANEMIA AS REASON ENOUGH.
*Everyone at Hands of Mercy has bent over backwards to help Anita, and by extension Bright, out; and been really helpful.

*Bright can fit the 12 month size clothes that Anita took, but they are plenty roomy.. Anita thinks he "feels" like a 9 month old.

**BRIGHT'S 12 MONTH CLOTHES FIT WELL, 18M IS ROOMY BUT STILL LOOKS GOOD (THESE ARE SHORTS I"M BETTING PANTS WOULD BE WAY TO LONG).  HIS LITTLE BODY *LOOKS* LIKE A 9 MONTH OLD.  ABOUT THE SIZE OF AMERICAL 9 MONTH OLD.  ACTUALLY, LAWRENCIA (HANDS OF MERCY MOMMY)  THOUGHT THAT HE WAS 9 MONTHS!  THEY HAVE A SON THAT IS LESS THAN 2 MONTHS OLDER THAN BRIGHT BUT WAY BIGGER!  BRIGHT IS THE "BABY" I"VE BEEN PRAYING FOR. =-)



As of right now Anita still plans on coming back at the end of March, but if by some miracle the Embassy promises processing in, say, 2 weeks. Then Anita would of course stay the extra week and bring him home with her. Now please remember this is all you heard from me, who heard from Eric, who heard from Anita. So you know somewhere in there that SOMETHING got mixed up. But this is the best I can do. Like I said I even repeated all this back to Eric to make sure I had it "close to" right...lol

And Mia and I will be there next week so I "should" be able to at least update you more on how the kiddos and such are doing. Eric seems to sound like everything is fine. And I know you are missing pictures of those beautiful kiddos I call my niece and nephew, but don't be surprised if there is another little kiddo in the pics with them...lol.

Hope you all have a great weekend, I doubt I will hear anything before Sunday but if I do I will let you know. I get into Tulsa early evening on Sunday.

2 comments:

Cameo 9:06 PM  

I'm soooo happy to hear that Bright is doing ok and that he has warmed up to Anita. Wonderful news. Please continue to keep us updated!!!

Bingaling 12:17 PM  

Anita,
It is so fantastic to see your updates!!! I am so glad that Bright is in better condition than you were prepared for. And, I am also thrilled that he is going to fulfill your "baby" need!!

I hope that he starts warming up even more and starts to see you as his mommy. It will take time, but he will come around. After Momma Eugenia you can't blame him for not wanting anyone else!

Darren posted some pictures of Bright from his most recent trip and he looks really great!

I will be praying for a miracle with you - it would be beyond fantastic if you could bring Bright home with you when you come back. I hope that the embassy is willing to work with you on this (and perhaps you will be able to come back with a lot of hope for the other families who are waiting for this last step).

Best of luck!
Chanda