Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Passport, People, Prayers

The lot is cast into the lap, but its every decision is from the LORD.
Proverbs 16:33
Isn't that a great verse? It was my "verse of the day" and was so encouraging to me today. Even when I feel attacked, it is the Lord's decision to allow me to go through specific trials--which means the Lord has a purpose--a good purpose--for the trials to have taken place.
Well, I've now heard two people say the magic word--COMPLETE. Both Paul and Edward say that Bright's passport is complete. Edward said he will be picking it up (not sure if today or tomorrow) and might take it to Paul as early as tomorrow. He said he wanted to visit Bright anyway. =-) I am not totally excited (after hearing "It will be done very soon" since the beginning of March) but I do feel a tiny little twitter of "this might actually be happening" building up within my heart.
Still no word from our senator's aide on what might be happening with our file at the US embassy in Ghana. It's been almost a week and they haven't even responded to her yet.
In other news, it was discouraging to find out today that someone has been talking about me (not in a good way) on a list that I'm not a part of. I hate the thought of lies being told about me when I have no way to defend myself. It's one of my personal weaknesses--I have a hard time turning the other cheek. Actually that's an understatement! It takes a lot of strength for me not to write to this person and give him "what for" for telling lies about me. But what good would it do? He would just feed on it and love that he got under my skin. Ugh. So instead I blog about it in a general way just to vent a bit, which is still NOT turning the other cheek and just letting it go comletely!!!
Prayers:

Lord, please, if it be Your will, let Bright's passport really be done this time. Please help Edward to keep his word and give Bright's passport to Paul.
Please soften hearts and motivate the employees in the embassy so that Bright's paperwork can be approved. If it be Your will Lord, bring him home before the June closure.
Please keep Bright's anemic condition stable. Protect him from health crisis.
Please help me to "grow up" in you so that maybe eventually I can truly and completely "turn the other cheek" when I feel under attack and mistreated. Help me rest in the knowledge that it is not my place to seek revenge.

Bless those both in America and in Ghana that have a hearts for the children of Ghana and are aiding in their care and adoption.
Love,
Anita

1 comments:

I WOULD GATHER CHILDREN 8:01 AM  

Anita, I don't post often but read your blog every single day. I am sorry that you are under attach by others. Our words can truly become swords of destruction. But you are right in trying to turn the other cheek. Matthew 5:9 says, "Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called sons of God." and Romans 12:18,"If it is possible, as far as it depends on you, live at peace with everyone." and James 4:7,"Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you." Hold tight to God's word Anita and to those who will encourage you. Perhaps even ask those who tell you about these rumors(the ones you would not have know about yourself) to not mention them to you but to just, in private, pray. I will pray God protects your heart and mind.
AND that Bright is home before June!
Smiles,
jen in MI